What's a fair price for a Hearthstone Starlet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSchwartz

Feb 16, 2016
Windham, Maine
Hi. This is my first post after many months of reading which helped me pick out my new wood stove - a Jotul F45 Greenville. Now I have my old stove I want to sell but I haven't a clue as to what it's worth and I'm striking out on Craigslist.

It's a Hearthstone Starlet. It's a super nice stove, we just wanted something with a little bigger firebox that we could load north to south. It's in great condition. Any advice? Thanks!

How old is it? No damage from over-firing? Rule of thumb here seems to be, 1/3 to 1/2 retail. Probably 1/3 if it is more than a few years old, but you could list it 1/2, then let 'em talk ya down a little...

When I was looking for a used stove last month I came across one with not a lot of use. If I recall correctly it was around $600 and was gone fairly quickly.

How old is it? No damage from over-firing? Rule of thumb here seems to be, 1/3 to 1/2 retail. Probably 1/3 if it is more than a few years old, but you could list it 1/2, then let 'em talk ya down a little...

Thanks for the reply. It's from 2004 and there's no damage from over-firing. It's in like-new shape. I think it cost $1400 new.

The HS Starlet was a unique stove at the time, it was the sister to the Sterling gas model of that vintage. New it was about 1500, being ten years old, in good condition, retail would be around 600-700. $500-600 should get it sold quick. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.