What's a good flue thermometer for DVL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had good luck with my Condar thermometers . . . they've been fairly close in temp when compared to the temp from an IR thermometer.

Thanks Jake, I ordered that one as it is made by Condar and is my best option at Amazon.

I really like my condar probe meter used in DVL. The dial hasn't degraded, the needle always returns to the appropriate room temp when cold, and it is easy to read from a distance. Condar is the OEM producer of my BK catalytic probe meter which has been more problematic. I liked my flue temp probe meter so much that I bought two condar stove top temp meters. Their website shows several options that might be more aesthetically pleasing to you.

SBI makes a probe meter that seems to read low but it is black and less bold looking than the yellow/red.

I really like my condar probe meter used in DVL. The dial hasn't degraded, the needle always returns to the appropriate room temp when cold, and it is easy to read from a distance. Condar is the OEM producer of my BK catalytic probe meter which has been more problematic. I liked my flue temp probe meter so much that I bought two condar stove top temp meters. Their website shows several options that might be more aesthetically pleasing to you.

I did go to the Condar site and looked at their offerings, and I do like the black and white better but it didn't say the words like "Too Cool" or "Too Hot" or
"Optimum Operation". It did have shadings for those areas but this is a stove for my mother's house/home where my step father, my sister and my mom
will be using this stove and I want them to see something that says "Too Hot". This should make it easier for them.

Thanks for the endorsement of Condar, that helped.

Bryan
SBI makes a probe meter that seems to read low but it is black and less bold looking than the yellow/red.

Status
Not open for further replies.