What's Happening Right Now

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sometimes you have to pay to play, its not for everybody thats for sure.
chads phone june 2013 pic 051.JPG chads phone june 2013 pic 078.JPG
i saw 52 today in my car, five day outlook highs of 45 every day. lame, give me 25 degrees all winter and im happy

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Warm_in_NH
Great pics . . . thanks for sharing.

And I agree . . . 25 and sunny with a good snow base in the winter makes me quite happy. We still need some more snow around the house though to make the sledding any good . . . otherwise I have to travel further north to ride.

Reactions: Quentin2
Were these photos taken this year???? If so, this just blows me away since it's 3 degrees here (probably colder since my remote thermometer is on the covered porch and it seems to run about 4 degrees warmer), cold, brown, gray and just generally everything is mono-chromatic. Very bleak. And cold. Did I mention the cold?
Just taken Jake. We've been in the mid 40s this week. Foggy as London out there this morning and 40F.

Beautiful sun here BG for the first time in a week of fog. The ferry foghorn has been waking me up every morning <>. -2C (28F). Hope it clears up soon near you.

We were blessed by a sunny warm day yesterday. Today we pay the piper.

Today we pay the piper.
I am ready to fire that bastage.:mad:
  • 17° 2° Tomorrow
  • 27° -10° Sunday
  • -4° -19° Monday
  • -3° -10° Tuesday

It's warmed up 8 degrees today from -4 to +4. Sunny, can't feel it, wind blowing, hungry stove cruising and keeping it 74 in the living room as the only heat source.
Was 8 yesterday, they said today would be colder, I guess they were right.

Don't have temps handy, but DH called from home to say that the snow was brown...because the wind was blowing so hard it blew dirt from the farm field across the street all over it. And I know it should be frozen solid, we haven't been out of single digits in days. Two days ago when I got home there was an ice shelf on the lake, then a small ribbon of open water, then more ice-so much that I couldn't see open water on the horizon. Can't remember seeing that before, although DH says we have (before we moved up here though). He said it was pretty well broken up now from the winds.

Status
Not open for further replies.