What's the Temp by you?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
This is a decent cold snap for us. Its currently 8 F eastern long island.
Some of our weather in the foothills of the Adirondacks.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around -30. Wind chill values as low as -42. West wind 3 to 5 mph.
New Year's Day
Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 0. Wind chill values as low as -40. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
Monday Night
A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -18. Wind chill values as low as -28. Light and variable wind.
Tuesday
Snow showers likely, mainly between 9am and 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 14. Wind chill values as low as -30. Southwest wind 5 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Im in Northwest Jersey at it’s 5 degrees exactly right now. Weather Channel says it feels like -9. Its insanely cold. Ive had my Jotul cranking all day. I don’t know how anyone around here would want to go to Times Square tonite. You have to be crazy..

Some of our weather in the foothills of the Adirondacks.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around -30. Wind chill values as low as -42. West wind 3 to 5 mph.
New Year's Day
Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 0. Wind chill values as low as -40. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
Monday Night
A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -18. Wind chill values as low as -28. Light and variable wind.
Tuesday
Snow showers likely, mainly between 9am and 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 14. Wind chill values as low as -30. Southwest wind 5 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
That's brutal. When I'm up in Canada and the temps dip that low its painful to just be outside.

- something for the past several days with highs in the single digits.

Damn cold . . .

That's my unscientific description of just how cold it has been in my neck of the woods.

Didn't stop me from going snowmobiling the past two days though . . . didn't notice a whole lot of other folks on the trails though.

Reactions: RandyBoBandy
4B2F4170-1DBB-4F0B-8CE0-0EC8D21B4654.jpeg

36 above! 6 o’clock New Year’s Eve night.

7 degrees with ice/sleet at 4,000 ft. elevation in western NC. DOT just closed a number of the mountain roads around us. Thankfully the house is a balmy 74 degrees :)

Right now, temp is 9°, wind is N at 9 MPH, wind chill is -4. Forecast low is -3°, and with wind gusts of 20 MPH+ later, that's a wind chill of -17.

Outdoor thermometer shows -10 right now but it's lying a bit, more like -4. Either way it's cold. ;lol

Last edited:
Little brisk here in northern lower peninsula MI. Was -8 last night. Looks like it's getting a little colder mid week.

Attachments

• IMG_2493.PNG
    IMG_2493.PNG
    141.6 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2494.PNG
    IMG_2494.PNG
    32.7 KB · Views: 194
6f and no wind. Cold but mangable.

Reactions: heavy hammer
-14F here in SW Iowa, wind chill says -31F, feels like I relocated back to the Bakken in North Dakota.