What's the widest diameter chimney cap that is available to fit on an eight inch liner.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Looking for at least 12 inches wide,with larger holes on the sides.THX

Looking for at least 12 inches wide,with larger holes on the sides.THX
There are quite a few custom cap manufacturers that will make you what ever you want. Or a local sheetmetal shop should be able to do the same. As far as an off the shelf item i am not sure what type of pipe is it for?

There are quite a few custom cap manufacturers that will make you what ever you want. Or a local sheetmetal shop should be able to do the same. As far as an off the shelf item i am not sure what type of pipe is it for?

it's for an eight inch liner in the masonry chimney,Blaze King Parlor,the one on now just slides over and tightens,but it's tiny ,about 8 inches .

Most basic bolt on caps that attach to the clay tiles have a 3" over hang past the screen, There are also bolt on single flue stainless chimney caps with a "Big Flat Lid." The big flat lid has a 4.5" overhang, for a little more protection. They are easy to install by tightening the pressure bolting screws.
But as bholler has mentioned the Top Mounted or Outside Mounted caps will cover the complete chimney top, and they are made to your dimensions, and screens up to 16" in height, and have 3" lid overhang.

If happy with all but the overhang, you can add more overhang with sheet metal.

Rockford Chimney Supply will build a custom one to your specifications. I'm going to have them build be a stainless one in a few weeks. Going to go with longer edges and the rolled drip edge.

https://www.rockfordchimneysupply.com/