Whats up withe the carb limit caps ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HDRock

Minister of Fire
Oct 25, 2012
Grand Blanc, Mi
I am not gettin my Echo CS-346 tuned like I want.
Once U remove them , Can U leave the caps off ????

Can U leave the caps off ????​
That depends on the saw. You can if there are springs or some other method to prevent the needles from "self-adjusting" Otherwise, if your carb relies on the caps to provide friction, just shave the tabs off the caps and re-install.

I didn't see nuttin' .... ::P

That depends on the saw. You can if there are springs or some other method to prevent the needles from "self-adjusting" Otherwise, if your carb relies on the caps to provide friction, just shave the tabs off the caps and re-install.

I didn't see nuttin' .... ::P
I was reading on another forum, about the caps on an echo 370, here is one reply

Jud...I looked around the shop and could not find a single carb with springs on the adjustment screws.
Over 100 Stihl, redmax,echo, commercial units. Most have been adjusted at some point and the caps ain't around.
I believe the screws have an interference thread because once they are adjusted, they stay adjusted.
The thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=369663&page=2

Wadya think ?

had limiter caps on an old mcculloch i had , removed the jets / needles what ever you call them bugger of a job as thay where a mushroom shape on top with no screwdriver slot , once off cut a small slot in the top of them with a hacksaw blade , and put some small springs in place of the limiter caps i think the springs where off an old brushcutter carby , sounded realy sweet after doing that and just ran much smoother . cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.