When I get asked what its like to have my In-Laws as close neighbours....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 loads home now and 2 more to go. Right now my time and energy are the hold up on the latest load of wood as I don't have time to unload the trailer tonight. We have started to split this wood and now we should be into 2014-15 depending on the amount of wood we use as we swap into a
better and bigger stove soon. Then there is the potential of an insert I am checking out that you can read in another thread.... What a crazy addiction this is.

Attachments

• Nov 7 inlaws loads 2.jpg
    Nov 7 inlaws loads 2.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 128
  • Nov 7 inlaws loads.jpg
    Nov 7 inlaws loads.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: CageMaster and zap
Nice all the way around! Sounds like a great family that works & learns together instead of watching TV together. Good Job! A C

Nice big white ash rounds?

Almost everything that my in laws have cut this fall have been downed dead or standing dead Ash trees. Splitting it is a dream and they have gotten used to the idea that we like our firewood a little shorter than they like to cut it so we can load North-South.

On the way out of the house now at 625 am to start unloading the trailer to ensure that the trailer is empty when they go for another load.

The boys and I are going to have lots of traditional workout time for the next little while as we split and stack the wood.

Awesome to have family that helps out like that! That ash will be some great btu's!

Almost everything that my in laws have cut this fall have been downed dead or standing dead Ash trees. Splitting it is a dream and they have gotten used to the idea that we like our firewood a little shorter than they like to cut it so we can load North-South.

On the way out of the house now at 625 am to start unloading the trailer to ensure that the trailer is empty when they go for another load.

The boys and I are going to have lots of traditional workout time for the next little while as we split and stack the wood.
My family mostly got out of doing any work for our firewood this year. Not sure how that happened, but out of 4 rows that are split and stacked, they worked on 3/4 of one row. My wife didn't touch a piece of firewood.

With 4 children and 2 equally "wood cutting addicted" in-laws my wife rarely has need of stacking firewood. Her role is keeping the stove and fireplace going when I am on the road. Between that and cleaning up the bit of mess and cleaning ashes out she more than carries her share in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.