Where in this area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuzzyfeller

Jan 2, 2009
South Eastern, MA
I found this sight a little while back and since then my wife and I decided to purchase a pellet burning insert for our current fireplace!

Our pellet burner is being installed this week and an initial pre-paid delivery of pellets coming with it.

Most pellet users we've spoken to who use their stove as their primary heating source speak of using 3-4 tons per season.

We're using this in addition to our oil burning furnace, but wonder what pellets might be available in the
Southeastern MA area at this late time of the heating season. Our vendor/installer tells me I can reserve my next delivery with him and can finalize this at the time of install!

I've looked at www.southshorewoodpellets.com who although EXTREMELY close to us, seems to have no inventory.

www.pelletsdirect.com is a little bit of a drive...but certainly not a killer!

Thank you all in advance!

Scuzz

Frankly with heating oil hitting the $2/gallon mark and still falling and pellet prices going up (as they apparently just do this time of the year due to demand) you may want to consider burning more oil this year and plan on securing your pellets during the summer for next winter. Of course this is just the economic argument... there are so many other reasons to not burn oil eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.