Where I've been and what I'm up to..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmonSTART

Minister of Fire
Hi folks! Good to see you all again. I wanted to say hello and update you all on what I've been doing all winter and what's going on this year for me. I'll let the mods decide whether this is an appropriate place for this post.

I got super busy back in December when we had the big Ice storm here. Working in the power equipment industry got a bit nuts then. As bad as it was then, I'm no glad for the amount of wood I have to scrounge here because our wood budget is at zero this year, so I'll have to cut or find some of next winter's wood.

My woodworking has also been a bit steady with furniture projects from friends. I've turned out a few pieces, so that's consumed a lot of my evenings.

Last, but certainly not the least (maybe the biggest?) I'm starting a business in the hearth industry. I looked at a lot of different fields in which to start one, and this one stood out the most as something that interests me as well as a lot of other factors it had going for it. Right now I'm working on doing all the legal stuff and obtaining some of the educational materials I need. So, this is keeping me pretty busy too.

The next few weeks I'll be scrounging wood some on my days off. Most of the stuff I'm finding by the roadside is pine now, but who cares. It's free and better than nothing. I brought a truck load home yesterday.

Everyone else make it through the winter OK?

Good to hear from ya. What area of the hearth business are you getting into?

Status
Not open for further replies.