Where to buy Door glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ozarkoak

Burning Hunk
Nov 1, 2020
Arkansas
We are thinking of next season already and would like to have an extra door gasket and glass on hand. Our stove is our sole heating source and a broken door glass at the worst time would be horrible. We already keep a baffle/blanket on hand just in case. Would you order off of Amazon for something like that? This is what I'm looking at.
Amazon product ASIN B07PF1MWJ2I know Amazon has a mixed bag of real stuff and knockoff stuff and good stuff and bad stuff. Comes from a company called woodstove-fireplace glass. If someone has a place that they would recommend I would like to know. Just trying to save money. And I know that sometimes saving money ends up costing you money.

*edit*
I'm less worried after watching this video.
I have 3 giant dogs that do a lot of goofing off and they don't care much about the stove. I looked over the other day and there was a giant cloud of smoke, from my dogs tail and a black streak on the outside of the glass. Which burned off and disappeared relatively quickly. Another thing that frightens me is thermal shock from one of them shaking off the outdoors on the glass before I can get the towel.

Last edited:
Obligatory DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME disclaimer. Don't go smack your wood stove glass lol. It is pretty cool how strong it is though.

Reactions: ozarkoak
We are thinking of next season already and would like to have an extra door gasket and glass on hand. Our stove is our sole heating source and a broken door glass at the worst time would be horrible. We already keep a baffle/blanket on hand just in case. Would you order off of Amazon for something like that? This is what I'm looking at.
Amazon product ASIN B07PF1MWJ2I know Amazon has a mixed bag of real stuff and knockoff stuff and good stuff and bad stuff. Comes from a company called woodstove-fireplace glass. If someone has a place that they would recommend I would like to know. Just trying to save money. And I know that sometimes saving money ends up costing you money.

*edit*
I'm less worried after watching this video.
I have 3 giant dogs that do a lot of goofing off and they don't care much about the stove. I looked over the other day and there was a giant cloud of smoke, from my dogs tail and a black streak on the outside of the glass. Which burned off and disappeared relatively quickly. Another thing that frightens me is thermal shock from one of them shaking off the outdoors on the glass before I can get the towel.

holy crap, that was a hard hit with that 2x4. Geesh.
But, where you are likely to cause glass to break is sudden cooling or stress at one point where the glass attaches, maybe a piece of wood smacks one of those little clips. Having glass on hand just in case isnt a bad idea if that's your primary and only heat source

My door glass has been cracked all of this season, it's double glass on my stove. I have a new glass but I'll wait until it warms up to shut the stove down. Mountain View Hearth is where I bought my glass, I but other parts from Midwest hearth.

My door glass has been cracked all of this season, it's double glass on my stove. I have a new glass but I'll wait until it warms up to shut the stove down. Mountain View Hearth is where I bought my glass, I but other parts from Midwest hearth.
Do you suspect how it may have happened?

Hot fires, banged with wood, operator error, my stove is 37yo this is the first glass problem.

holy crap, that was a hard hit with that 2x4. Geesh.
But, where you are likely to cause glass to break is sudden cooling or stress at one point where the glass attaches, maybe a piece of wood smacks one of those little clips. Having glass on hand just in case isnt a bad idea if that's your primary and only heat source
Not a bad idea to have backup parts if the stove is your only heat source. Never know how long replacement parts will take, if they even make them anymore if it's a older model.