Which stove paint color most closely resembles raw cast iron?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Look at high temp header paint or engine enamel from the automotive speed shops. People paint exhaust manifolds.

Could you just use stove polish paste
Absolutely do not paint is much better in every way.

Wondering which stove bright paint most closely resembles cast iron. I have my stove sandblasted right now and really like the color of the cast iron.
Typically cast stoves are flat satin or metallic black. Just look at the stovebrite color chart and pick what you like.

Wondering which stove bright paint most closely resembles cast iron. I have my stove sandblasted right now and really like the color of the cast iron.
Stove Brite Metallic Black

X2 for stovebrite metallic black! It’s a little darker than freshly blasted cast, but it’s nice and probably as close as you can get. Helped a friend rebuild a Jotul last year and used that exact stuff and it turned out beautifully and has held up well.

I installed a stove that I had rebuilt, and removed all the original paint , but not repainted, under emergency circumstances. Two seasons later, it looks good, no rust, and looks almost exactly like it did with the metallic black paint that it started with. Not suggesting you not paint it, but I bet the metallic black would satisfy your desire.

This is a shot of a stove painted with Metallic Black.