Which Stove to Buy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been researching for several days and have swerved from a VC Encore Flexburn to a Woodstock Ideal Steel Hybrid because the W seems to be easier and cheaper to maintain.
I have a week to decide before the discount goes away.
I think I'll get all the soapstone options.
I've spoken with WS customer service and unlike my Lopi I can order replacement parts directly from them.
The info on their website is outstanding.
Will appreciate coments from current Ideal Hybrid owners.
Don't want to hijack this guy's post, but steering away from the VC is probably an excellent idea. Whereas, my brother has had no problems (other than the occasional runaway fire) with his, mine cracked (or came that way) in an unreasonable amount of time. Consequently, it was erratic and not easily controlled. I hear the IS is an awesome stove; highly controllable and excellent burn times.

Going from the old Res Acc to a nice new, clean burning stove is a great idea. I too like the designs of PE's Alderlea line. The T6 is very robust, great burn times, easy to run like all PAC NW stoves. Lopi makes a nice stove too, but the cast cladded steel stoves are pretty and perform like a steel stove. Enviro's Boston is another pretty one- but if you like the T6 (and it sounds like you do), great choice. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.