While out cutting in the woods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I split because I like the exercise, and the Fiskars is a monster - love it! Sometimes I roll rounds into the truck, sometimes I quarter to make them easier to handle. I split a few of these tonight before dinner.
P_20180120_163532.jpg

Two hits...
P_20180120_163853.jpg
with.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mountain man 2
i had the same one i think, home depot sells one like that, its rated for a ton of weight but you could never actually haul it the axles are too narrow. i was thinking at the time putting trailer axles under it, tsc has some home made trailer axles. but i have found one proper rated axle thats fairly wide works out a ton better than anything with two at ruts and rocks and crap like that, and i used old wheel hubs on my trailer. i replace all of them at once on the car and most of the front wheel drive gm bolt pattern will fit the standard trailer 4.5x5 wheels.