white powder under stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hearthstoneheat

Hearth Supporter
Mar 23, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
While cleaning around the hearth, I noticed some white powder that had settled out underneath the stove. It settled in lines, as though it came from seams or cracks. Anyone know what this is, and is it normal? This is on a new Hearthstone Craftsbury. Thanks.

Is it along the lines of were the ash pan outlines is? Is it just what has brushed off the seal? Or, is it from a vacuum being run under there? Just random thoughts..

It looks as though it fell from the seams of the stove on the outside. High temp cement? I can take a pic next time I see it, if/when it happens again.

Maybe somebody in your house "dusts" the way I do.. just push it off the edge and get it with the vacuum.. or not.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.