Whitfield Advantage II-T Auger Motor Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lpedri

Nov 29, 2017
california
Installed a new auger motor worked like a champ (1 night). Then I got a pellet jam. Cleaned it all out now motor turns on (can see the thing spinning on the back) but its shaft does not spin in or when I had it out of the stove? I am stumped

It probably took some teeth off the gear inside the box and thats not good. Gonna need another motor.

When get the auger out try painting it with graphite paint and some of tube. I have found that helps reduce the motors effort. What pellets are you attempting to burn?

The gear box on a pellet auger motor is quite complex, but not impossible to inspect piece for piece for any damaged parts. Here's a very detailed and thorough description on how to assemble an opened M&K auger gear box from a Whitfield stove:
http://www.athingortwo.info/misc/rebuilding-the-gear-box-for-a-whitfield-advantage-pellet-stove.html

Picture from the article:
labeledgearssideview.jpg

Reactions: Ssyko
TAKE PICTURES WHILE YOU DISASSEMBLE! ask me how i know:confused: