whitfield advantage II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frankh

Oct 25, 2012
My neighbor has an advantage II . The blowers will not shut off when the stove is cold. He's tried changing the low limit, to no success. Do you think it's the board?

Snowy where are you? You seem to be the expert on these. Mine take average about 20 mins after fire dies to stop, but I have never experianced that problem.

Try leaving a wire off the low limit and starting the stove. It should start, run for 15 minutes and then shut down. If it does then it is probably not the board, maybe a bad thermodisc which you can test with a multimeter and a hot plate. If it does keep running with a wire off the low limit then yes it probably is the control board.

The blowers are controlled off the board.

The blowers start when the start button is pressed.
There is a relay on the board thats likely stuck.

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.