Whitfield Renaissance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johninwi

Burning Hunk
Aug 22, 2014
madison wisconsin
A local craigslist add for the renaissance caught my attention, like the styling.
Understanding it's an old stove and parts may be hard to come by i've looked back at the add more than once.
Searching i found 1 comment about low heat output but was unable to find info about lbs per hour. If it's just a low btu stove i'd still be intrested but if it's a poor design i'd pass. Will a Whitfield eat corn?

Any info or comments are appreciated, thanks, john

stove pic here
http://woodheatstoves.com/whitfield...-renaissance-pellet-stove-parts-c-95_263.html

Is it cheap, John? I'd be hesitant because of parts availability but I'd also research it thoroughly. Snowy Rivers here seems to be the Whit Pro in this arena. I'd PM and ask her what her opinion is on it. She has found other ways to replace and make up her own parts, boards and such.

Whits have a good reputation here from what I have seen. When negotiating the price you could throw out the fact that parts are hard to find or no longer available too.

Glass is gone, $155 online, thinking $250 for stove might be reasonable considering the age and parts availablity, provided this stove worked as well as the other whit's.

Glass is gone, $155 online, thinking $250 for stove might be reasonable considering the age and parts availablity, provided this stove worked as well as the other whit's.

They are nice looking stoves. Much better looking than the typical Whits but that is all personal preference on the aesthetics. I have gawked at a few Whits for sale here locally on CL but they were just priced too high. If I could find one cheap I'd probably jump on it. Snowy scores them a lot for a couple of hundred bucks or so.

I'd say you can burn corn but not sure if it is model specific with the Whits. Snowy burns 100% nut shells she picks up for free minus a little time and moving fuel. I'd be all over a deal like that. She's a lucky one or should I say smart one.

Status
Not open for further replies.