Who is ready for the blizzard ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nmaho

Jan 15, 2014
Ma
Brought up a lot of wood under the cover of farmers porch today. I have at least 3/4 of a cord nice and dry and ready for the storm.

Reactions: Lakeside
I am ready , face cord of honey locust moved to the deck covered all sides, just around the corner from the slider door.
Also three days worth inside next to the stove. Check list - 3 large chicken pot pies ( cook on top of stove ) 12 pack of Sierra Nevada Pale ale.
this is a concern if company comes over, I better grab another just in case,

Reactions: jimdrea
Must start moving wood around tonight and Tommorrow morning......it's there, but it's undercover, 30' away from my furnace....

Ready! Half a cord in the garage. All gas tanks are full and generator on standby. Tractor is primed and ready to go!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422225975.299728.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lakeside
What blizzard?? It's 51F and calm. Might hit freezing overnight. Oh yeah, and on mandatory no burn across 7 counties due to EPA air quality violations. I'll take some blizzard.

Best of luck to all of you in the NE. Stay warm and be safe.

I go on the values of semper paratus.

Ready. I only have 140' of driveway to clear, and I have 10 gallons of fuel for the Toro 2 stage Blower. I also have wood inside the house, and another 1/4 cord in the garage staying dry, and then another 2 or 3 cord already seasoned wood in the wood shed (ataying mostly dry), along with ANOTHER 6 or 7 cord of unseasoned wood in the same wood shed. I have to work tomorrow, but I will be able to run a few errands (mainly premium beer aquisition) and doing a coupld other things around the house after I get off... We're on Long Island and right now they are saying 24" - 36".

Bought a battery for the fourwheeler today so I can use the plow (winch won't work without a battery) and put the plow on it........... Plowed all around my wood piles from the 8" we got the other night.......... Got 3 days of wood moved into the basement.

Yes I fired up the generator this morning, will power the whole house. Started up the snowblower everything gassed up.monday will have to pick up the liquid refreshments.

U must have been a coasty. Don't u mean paralysis:)

Ouch lol, yes I was a coasty ten years ago, it feels like yesterday though, I just got the call for work saying to pack a bag for 5 days minimum, I work for the power company, we'll give this storm hell

I am ready fuel up and waiting ,TYM Tractor 4 wheel drive and a 4 wheeler that I have a plow for but not showing in this photo

Jeff

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 381
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 365
Yes I fired up the generator this morning...
Doh! Knew there was something I forgot. Still got last year's ice storm gas in the genny.

Those TYMs are nice tractors.

Ouch lol, yes I was a coasty ten years ago, it feels like yesterday though, I just got the call for work saying to pack a bag for 5 days minimum, I work for the power company, we'll give this storm hell

I've got a buddy who is a retired E7. He let me in on that one :)

Ready.:)

Attachments

• photo-Gen.JPG
    photo-Gen.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 333
Reactions: SKIN052 and Ashful
Stoves have been cleaned.
Wood boxes are full.
Cat box cleaned (plenty of fresh litter ready to go). KEY!
Cat/dog food in abundance, grocery shopping completed last night.
Full tank of gasoline for the snow blower (cars full, too).
Auxiliary water will be drawn tonight.
Lamp oil in abundance; reservoirs filled, wicks cleaned, and replacement mantles in stock.

I hope we don't lose power, I'd really like to spend the day in my shop working away in undisturbed quiet.

Stay warm folks and stay safe.

Well have to say I'm psyched for this storm. Last year we bought a Napoleon 1402 insert. I have been tinkering with it all season to figure out burn times and how best to operate it. I have 2 cords of well seasoned hardwood left and the storm will hit tonight. I moved a quarter cord from my garage to my cellar so I don't have to go out. They are predicting 2 to 3 feet here in Eastern Massachusetts. I have plenty of food, plenty of beer and a bottle of Jamison, so mother nature do your best I know I'll be toasty even if the power goes out.

Reactions: Bassmantweed
Status
Not open for further replies.