Who's new saw is this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
There is a community now up near my lakehouse in Maine. Not downeast though. Washington/Jefferson. They make some killer donuts. Also have a sawmill i assume as I've seen stacks of milled boards.

I am not entirely positive, but I know that our local community had several folks who broke away to form a new community somewhere south of here. Is this a relatively new community or has it been there for a number of years? I am a bit saddened since several families were chosen to move . . . including a local family who sold rigid insulation at really good prices.

Here they use lots of air tools but also run battery powered stuff. They charge off a generator or depending upon the sect may just plug into electric in the Barn

A number of them here also allow air tools . . . in fact my neighbor makes part of his living selling wind-powered air compressors using old propane tanks for air storage.

Wait, your Amish use solar powered tools? I tried talking my friend and neighbor (Amish) into mounting a flexible solar panel on the top of his buggy to keep the battery on his buggy charged. The battery is for the electric lights, which I think were recently mandated by the state, but I think they love it. It’s always parked outside and it would be almost invisible. Perfect fit! I think that got into a questionable religious gray area though. :)

The funny thing is, he brings his battery over to our barn and charges it off solar there. It just can’t be done directly on the buggy. I get a kick out of trying to decipher their rules sometimes, but I like them a lot.

Different "sects" have different rules. I am told our local Amish are somewhere in the middle in terms of what they allow and don't allow. I do know their buggies are very well lit at night with LED lights!