Why are they always just a litte to far??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Wolf

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jun 13, 2008
Eastern CT
dang, why cant i find scrounges like that!

Reactions: ScotO
Yeah, Im looking at this too. If this is for real , it is only a couple miles from me. The problem is the weather. It is just so hot and humid that I think I will pass out working on it.

Legitimate question here, I wonder if he had all that wood cut/split/stacked neatly if he still would have gotten in trouble with his town? Has anyone here ever got in trouble with their town over firewood? Its something I wonder about, as I wonder how much before the town would take notice of my backyard.

I don't mean to hijack the thread though, back on point, thats a heck of a score if you can get out in this heat! I worked all day yesterday in 92 degrees, and it about killed me!

Sad that it is ever farther from here. Not that I can complain too much. I got a haul of oak from a tree that a tree service downed on Monday.

Yes - My exW made a career out of causing issues like this. They wrote me and 7 nieghbors tickets.... I had to move all 4-5 cords 18" off the ground. The nieghbors are not to fond of her now. They are all cool with me and even have logs delivered to me if they have trees cut ; ) I kept my mouth shut about her. They all figured it out after a while. The town used the health dept. 'rodent harborage' section to cite us. They gave me 6 months once they could see what the real deal was, complaints from every dirrection all at once when there had been none in 20 years ; (.

Now I let them know when I'm processing large amounts in the front of my place and give them a date when I'll have it done. It's shut down the fun for the complainer.

Best of luck. I sure preffer keeping nieghbors happy, and amused.
Mike

To far ? :eek:. That looks like some locust.
I'm hooking up the trailer now. see you there.
Oops, got a dental appointment 5 days from now, wouldn't be back in time. Dang it anyway LOL :)

That would really be difficult to pass up if one is in decent distance from it.

So I was cruising CL this evening and got excited to see this ad for free Fir Firewood:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/zip/3182230021.html

and then I saw this photo...

fir firewood.jpg

...they call this "firewood"?

Ha, that's what we get a lot of around here too S H. I never responded to ads w/o a good description or pics. There is a difference between yard waste & firewood. A C

A friend told me a guy had some firewood he was giving away. I found the guy and asked him where it was...he pointed to a huge pile of mud and limbs
that had been bulldozed when he enlarged his pond. I never said a word and just drove away...

Status
Not open for further replies.