Why I Love my Summit !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willhound

Feeling the Heat
Nov 20, 2005
Northern Ontario, Canada
Here is the view outside my doorway this morning. More coming. -9C or abolut 15 F. Daughter is off school for a teacher's PD day and I think I'll work from home today. Sitting here in front of the Summit with a good flame going and a big mug of coffee.....hmmmmm....maybe stay here all weekend....

Attachments

• Snow1.jpg
    Snow1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 842
  • Snow2.jpg
    Snow2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 843
  • Snow3.jpg
    Snow3.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 861
Oh yeah! Nothing like "having" to stay home because it snowed!! I can't wait. We've had a warm spell here in Virginia this week - no burning. I wish we would get hit with some snow. I'm jealous!!!

Here's a pic - I love both seasons.

Attachments

• summerwinter.jpg
    summerwinter.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 896
Dam I cant wait until my section of Ontario gets the good snow, all he have had is that heavy water laden stuff that feel in the middle of October that lasted for 2 days but cut the power out for 5 days.

Hey Wahoowad, nice location. I like the setting with the house, gardens and trees. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the snow, just as I get older, I wish it didn't come so early and stay so long. Just in time for a white Christmas, and then go away in March would be fine with me.
BTW, staying at home didn't work out. Phoned a client this morning around 10 and ended up having to deliver something to him, and have to go back this afternoon. Oh well, there's always tonight around the Summit.

Okey Doke. Here ya go. Sorry, not a real good Summit secondary burn going yet as I just got home and got things stoked up again. Just got back from a midget hockey game. (Midget is the tier, not the size of the players. Some of these guys are 6'4" and over 200 lbs.) Local boys got beat 5 to 3, but a good game anyway.

Attachments

• Fire Hot.jpg
    Fire Hot.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 795
Roospike said:
Great pictures Willhound & wahoowad . Nice fire picture Willhound , it even warmed up my computer room.

OK. That did it. A Summit warms up a room hundreds of miles away!

Sheesh.

BrotherBart said:
Roospike said:
Great pictures Willhound & wahoowad . Nice fire picture Willhound , it even warmed up my computer room.

Sheesh.
;-)

Roospike said:
BrotherBart said:
Roospike said:

Sheesh.
;-)

Hey BB, it's that great cosmic connection that Summit owner's share.

Become one with the Summit collective....resistance is futile...

OK, gotta go back to the mother ship now////////

Willhound said:
Roospike said:
BrotherBart said:
Roospike said:

Sheesh.
;-)

Hey BB, it's that great cosmic connection that Summit owner's share.

Become one with the Summit collective....resistance is futile...

OK, gotta go back to the mother ship now////////

Can you guys here that.....yup, it's Sandor gringing his teeth. :lol:

///////////////Ducking///////

Willhound said:
Roospike said:
hahaha , You Summit owners are nuts. :lol:

Hey Spike, wadaya mean "You" Summit owners?? ;-P

:lol: I wanted to be on the outside looking in when i said that. :p

I quite often get questions regarding overnight burn capabilities of my Summit, so I thought I'd log my typical experience. Here is a shot of the firebox at 11 P.M. last night. I've just stuffed the firebox as full as I could get it (8 splits of birch), let it char for about 10 minutes and I've just closed the damper right down before going to bed. Stove temp is about 550 and the temp in the main living area of the house is about 74F.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 539
At 6:25 this morning, here is the massive coal bed still left. Temp of stove is about 370F and temp in main living area is about 72F. I should mention that normally I get upa and re-fill at around 7 or 7:30, just happened to be up earlier today.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 347
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 370
At 6:45 I closed the damper back to half, secondary burn has just started to kick in and the stove temp is back up to 475 F. (actually, back to 500 as I post this) It is going to be warmer here today, so I will likely just let it simmer along all day like this.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 350
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 335
Status
Not open for further replies.