Why is a "Wood Shed" so nice to have. (Pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gasifier said:
Thanks for the pics Dave. You reminded me to get psyched up for the winter exercise. (Shoveling.) UUUUGGGG. I need to break down and buy a snow blower one of these winters. But, it is like c/s/s. Good exercise.

Yea, winter is coming your way.
How'd you fair on the "epic, early snow storm" that hit the NE.
Are you in an area that gets the "lake effect" snow storms?
"Good" exercise & gets you outdoors. (well good is relative, I think)
Without the 4 seasons, we wouldn't have near the eco system that makes the planet so diverse. Might as well enjoy them all. :)
Keep you wood dry ;)

dave my cousin lives near anchorage. said there first snowfall was last week. funny we got our first snow before them lol. hopefully someday i can make it out there to visit. i would love to get out there and do some mountaineering. hes actually putting together a bunch of trail maps for me for there. so someday. its defiantly a different way of life over there for you guys. pretty cool

I had a Bro in law come up to go sheep hunting, he's from PA.
When we got to the mountains, he said he'd never seen mountains that looked this steep, treeless, with glaciers to cross & then I found out he was afraid of heights.
I told him these were real mountains, not Walton's mountain. When he saw the big foot prints with claw marks 2" in front of the toe pads, he looked & me & just stared.
Was a different terrain & hunting than he ever expected.

bogydave said:
I had a Bro in law come up to go sheep hunting, he's from PA.
When we got to the mountains, he said he'd never seen mountains that looked this steep, treeless, with glaciers to cross & then I found out he was afraid of heights.
I told him these were real mountains, not Walton's mountain. When he saw the big foot prints with claw marks 2" in front of the toe pads, he looked & me & just stared.
Was a different terrain & hunting than he ever expected.
i can only imagine what its like to hunt there. i actually do a lot of work for a guy who is a hunting guide in alaska. he actually is good friends with "Jim tweeto" from the show flying wild. he is the one who fly's them into to the locations so they can hunt. its pretty cool. his trophy room is full of stuff he has hunted from all over the world.

weatherguy said:

No. a long ways away.
Was 500 miles North-West of here.
Got a fast moving front headed our way, to hit us with more snow & some 30 degree weather Saturday, Pineapple express, bringing warm weather.
Should shoving cold weather South east thru Canada & give you guys some cold air next week some time.
Satellite loop: http://www.arh.noaa.gov/satloop.php?sat=goes&sector=3gaf

bogydave said:
Carbon_Liberator said:
I wish my woodshed was as full as yours. :( We do have lights though. :)
We have ropelights hooked up to a motion detector. The woodshed roof overhang crowds the driveway, and the lights help when pulling into the driveways at night.
That's an old picture, taken when I had more time for wood gathering. :-S
You still have the "gold standard for wood shed!! Now with the light rope, you've gone '"up-town", great idea.
A little bit of light with snow, brightens it up pretty good.
Next year, I may add a power line out to it with some lights.
Is that the "Kindling bucket" in the picture?
Thanks Dave :) yah I have a plethora of buckets left over from my work that we use for a variety of purposes, and they work well for holding kindling.

I'll never get tired of seing those pics dave, of the scenery that is... The wood shed is nice, but every pic you post brings me back to when I went up there a few years back.
I swear if I ever hit the lottery I'm headin' straight there and buying as much land as I can find to put a single room cabin on!

Ever read the book about Richard Proenneke..Alone in the wild I think, every page turn I could just imagine myself being there!

Dave with those Temps your getting already I would side it. Then build a long breeze way! :cheese:

bogydave said:
Might as well enjoy them all. :)

I enjoy winter, I just wish that it only lasted for 4 weeks. :)

smokinjay said:
Dave with those Temps your getting already I would side it. Then build a long breeze way! :cheese:

Good idea, I could use green house sheeting & have a bigger green house.
Then the borough would call it a building & raise my taxes, & that would feel, to me, like a tax on my fire wood. :(

Jags said:
bogydave said:
Might as well enjoy them all. :)

I enjoy winter, I just wish that it only lasted for 4 weeks. :)

+1
A little more sunshine would help, that's the toughest part for me, the short daylight hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.