Will a Selkirk Metalbestos 6 inch DSP Chimney Pipe Adapter fit an Excel 6 inch chimney pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hummingbird027

Nov 3, 2021
Alaska
I'm trying to go cheap on acquiring my stove pipe and chimney pipe through Craigslist and scored a good deal on Excel, but I need 48" more to reach the 7ft I need to meet codes for an 84 inch chimney. I can get a great deal on a Selkirk Metalbestos All Fuel Class A Chimney Pipe - 6 In. Diameter and need to know if there is an adapter I can use join the Excel and Metalbestos? Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to go cheap on acquiring my stove pipe and chimney pipe through Craigslist and scored a good deal on Excel, but I need 48" more to reach the 7ft I need to meet codes for an 84 inch chimney. I can get a great deal on a Selkirk Metalbestos All Fuel Class A Chimney Pipe - 6 In. Diameter and need to know if there is an adapter I can use join the Excel and Metalbestos? Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
I understand the ''trying to save a buck'' gig. Most of us have been there or are there.
I advise buying the Selkirk. It's a well known and widely stocked brand. Easier to get additional parts and accessories for.
List the Excel back on CL and try to redeem your savings.

I believe the UL listing is conditioned on the system being of components designed to work with each other. Mixing components therefore voids the UL listing.

Your insurance may then not pay out in case of shtf.

I believe the UL listing is conditioned on the system being of components designed to work with each other. Mixing components therefore voids the UL listing.

Your insurance may then not pay out in case of shtf.
That was something I had not thought about. Thank you for mentioning it.