will HL 804 Sharp shooter glasses work as

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
for safety glasses>>>> ??? They were half price on clearance shelf. By Howard Leight the package says...
So will they be fine to use fro real safety glasses for cutting firewood or using table saw or mitre saw...
It doesnt say onthe package., at least can not read thru the packaging..
what yall think?
thanks yall

I doubt they're as good a real safety glasses, but any protection is better than none! I would think if they were real safety glasses, the package would make that clear.

I doubt they're as good a real safety glasses, but any protection is better than none! I would think if they were real safety glasses, the package would make that clear.
Just checked their web site...
  • Meets ANSI Z87+ impact standards

Just checked their web site...
  • Meets ANSI Z87+ impact standards
Greg,So what does that mean to me???? are they as good???? I wish they werent in that cruddy blister pack so could try them on ... $4.99 regular $9.99.... thank you

"Howard Leight HL804 Sharp-Shooter Protective Eyewear are durable and functional safety eyewear that can function equally well as standard safety glasses and as shooting glasses. "

From a review:

"Very sturdy feel. Covers all around your eyes so you don't have to worry about something entering through the sides."

The ANSI rating is for impact (shatter) rating. I speak from experience when I say that NO amount safety glasses will protect 100%, I had 12 stitches and glass in each eye after a gas tank blew when I was welding. The eye surgeon said 99% of the damage was from the safety glasses themselves.
They do look like they have more of a wrap around lens to give side protection.
http://www.opticsplanet.com/howard-...-with-indoor-outdoor-mirror-lens-r-01708.html

Status
Not open for further replies.