Winter Storm Orlena

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MEngineer24

Burning Hunk
Dec 6, 2020
WV
How's everyone doing with the winter storm? High winds here is making for some rough conditions to keep the wood stove cruising.

So far it’s a flop here in Michigan. It’s cold. But it’s already been fairly cold. I want the snow that was predicted. It’s February and I’ve only plowed 3 times. Ridiculous.

18"-24" is forecasted we'll see come Tuesday afternoon when it pulls on outa here.

18"-24" is forecasted we'll see come Tuesday afternoon when it pulls on outa here.
It only put down about 4" last night through this morning so far. As of now it's mostly sleet/freezing rain. Like you said, have to see what's left when it's gone. We were predicted to get 8"-12".

So far it’s a flop here in Michigan. It’s cold. But it’s already been fairly cold. I want the snow that was predicted. It’s February and I’ve only plowed 3 times. Ridiculous.
We've had more snow this year than last but still compared to years past it's abismal. I wouldnt mind to get several 20"+ snows but that's dreaming at this point.

We've had more snow this year than last but still compared to years past it's abismal. I wouldnt mind to get several 20"+ snows but that's dreaming at this point.
The “polar vortex “ year was awesome. I made money, I think we broke a record here in Michigan for snow fall, and there was snow on the ground the whole winter. A true winter if you ask me. We had pathways shoveled every where to get from the house to the garage and to the driveway. I did feel bad for my dogs and the wildlife. It’s hard to for them to navigate through the deep snow. Since then it’s been one flop after another.

The “polar vortex “ year was awesome. I made money, I think we broke a record here in Michigan for snow fall, and there was snow on the ground the whole winter. A true winter if you ask me. We had pathways shoveled every where to get from the house to the garage and to the driveway. I did feel bad for my dogs and the wildlife. It’s hard to for them to navigate through the deep snow. Since then it’s been one flop after another.
Yep, that was the last year we had any large amounts of lingering snowfall here too. We don't see snow on the ground year around like you would but it's nice to get snow every so often here like years past.