Winter won't give up yet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailed_nailer

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 29, 2007
Cape Cod, Ma
Woke today to 50+ degrees of wind and rain.
By noontime it was snowing to beat the band.
Lasted for a few hours and now it is cold and windy.
Sitting about 34 out with a 35MPH North wind coming off the water.

Glad the Enviro is fired up and burning Okies.
A comfortable 72 in here now.

I had to re-arrange my wood shop today due to some machinery additions. I ended up moving 1/2 a ton of Okies from one side to the other to make room.
Hope to add to the pile soon.

---Nailer---

we had some rain here last night until early this morning, then sort of cloudy but then very sunny for a few hours now, high 40s.

just shutting down stove now, had it running just doing some tests.........

We only had a chilly rain here, Supposed to dip into the teens tonight. I cleaned the shoulder pellets out and Put in 2 bags of "heaters" just in case. I can stand a few more days but I hope spring is around the corner soon. All my wifes flowers are up, The crocus's and Daffies are blooming too! Also got one of them yellow bushes out front. Looks nice, But my boat is a calling. Here fishie fishie!

Stay warm all!

Nailer I woke to about 36F but no snow.
I'm approx. an hour North of the Bridges.
Drizzly cold rain most of the day today.
Looking @ the forecast it seems
the stove will be running at least through the weekend.

Hasn't been above 35 here all day...

BLIMP said:
I gotta move to the flatlands.

Woke up this morning to about an inch of the white stuff. Snowed like heck for another hour. Going to be down around 15 tonight. My chickens really don't like this weather.

Ack!!! It's 16 degrees right now!!! Long term forcast says 73 and sunny next Friday though. I think mother nature is going through menopause...

62F today
Shut the stove off this morning at 10am. A big weather front is sitting just off shore and by morning we should be getting out buttsreal wet for the next several days.

Not going to be real cold, maybe into the upper 40's in the day and upper 30's at night.

Still stove weather for sure. Cleaned out the Advantage and laid a fire in the pot. Probably light it in the next hour or so as the temp is dropping off in the house now.

Once it gets below 68F in here I will wave the propane torch across the pot a few times.

All next week is looking soggy and wet. Even out to next Saturday is calling for windy and wet.

My gills are starting to get moss on them its been so wet that last month.

Didn't get above about 40 today, and will be in the 20's tonight. But after the big rain we're supposed to get Mon-Tues (3-5 inches :bug: ), better things are coming.....supposed to get to almost 80 on Thurs...... :)

Have already cut the lawn twice here in Maryland.

If we keep getting inches of rain followed by 70 and 80 degree temps, we'll be cutting our grass twice a week here in the Northeast pretty soon!

With the effects of the El Nino having made Jan and Feb drier than normal here in the Northwest the rains we are getting now are quite welcome.

The local media wastes no time in crying "DROUGHT" if we fall even slightly below average in the rain gauge.

The moutains are picking up a lot of fresh snow too so this is a good thing.

Got up at 5 this morning (Sunday 28th) and it was raining cats and a dogs outside. There may have been a cow in there too.

Supposed to rain all day and pretty well all week.

Not extreme amounts but enough to keep things soggy.

I am thinking about heading up on the roof later and sprinkling around some of that moss killer stuff so the rain can wash it down over the entire roof and take care of that nasty stuff.

Always something to do around the house.

With the rain and damp comes the green stuff that grows on the roof, the siding, the gutters and the car if you don't move it every day.

Its especially nasty here as the elevation puts us right in the clouds when there is a storm in.

Usually the cloud line is about 800-900 ft so at 1200 we get the slop.

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.