Won't be burning wood next year...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Too bad about the circumstances changing. I was looking forward to the stories.

I can always tell stories...just not about that.
Wanna hear about my kids waking this morning at 3:45 am because the Easter Bunny "should have come by now"? It's a reaaaaal good one ;)

Andrew

Reactions: Lake Girl
I can always tell stories...just not about that.
Wanna hear about my kids waking this morning at 3:45 am because the Easter Bunny "should have come by now"? It's a reaaaaal good one ;)

Andrew
Oddly, I miss those days where life was less complicated in a lot of ways... The Bunny hid their dyed hard-boiled eggs in the living room (outside was usually snow/ice)... always entertaining;lol

Reactions: Swedishchef
Just saw you're plans fell through. Sorry to hear it, could tell you were really looking forward to it.

On the bright you won't be strapped for time and can continue to read in (excruciating) detail about all things wood here at Hearth!

Howdy!
Anyone up for reading a blog? Haha. Lots and LOTS of developments. Long story short, I am headed up again.
So, if all goes as planned, I won't be burning wood this summer! haha

Andrew

Wow, that's great news. What happened? Family must be psyched. Hope this time it sticks.

Sounds like the pot head that was about to take a flight
He didn't know weather to get on and get off
Or get off and get on
Good luck I hope this time it sticks

Well, without getting into details, sometimes there are decisions made beyond our control we must accept it at face value. Things finally came back around to our favor.

Psyched? Yes but not ecstatic. Why? I guess it is a natural defense: don't wanna get our hopes up too high..just in case something happens. But we are really looking forward to it! There are a few little steps left that need to be taken. Can't wait.

Andrew

Depending on the season...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on the season...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Naw, there is a year round road to get there. Well maintained at that!! Road trip!!

The novelty wont wear off Velvet. I have been in touch with lots of people up there who are loving it. Every 5 months i get a trip out for a month. My wife and i are really looking forward to the adventure, cultural experience and learning experience for the kids....and buying a new pickup truck. Haha.

A

Good to hear it is a go. That new truck ... pay bump for northern posting! Also eligible for northern residents tax deduction...

Take your vitamin D ... with lack of sunlight in winter, you will need them for bone health and mood stabilization.

Enjoy the experience to the fullest!

Good to hear it is a go. That new truck ... pay bump for northern posting! Also eligible for northern residents tax deduction...

Take your vitamin D ... with lack of sunlight in winter, you will need them for bone health and mood stabilization.

Enjoy the experience to the fullest!
Good advice. There were several studies in the works about five years ago, finding that winter cold and flu season is largely tied to vitamin-D deficiencies. Simply taking vitamin D every day will reduce your chance of cold and flu by some very large margin (cannot now remember exact percentages). Last I looked into it, they were beginning to study exact maintenance levels.

And if this all works out, i will likely be driving out! Trip of a lifetime !!!
If not in a hurry come farther west and take the Cassiar or Alaska highway. Northern BC has some of the most spectacular scenery in the world.

Well, I see it like this: I "need" a truck. haha. Thanks for the advice on vitamin D. We'll be stocking up. And in the summer when it is 24 hours of sun I won't be needing the vitamins.

Big Fir: I used to live in Jasper, AB. I often drove through the interior, Northern BC, etc. Very nice scenery indeed.

Well, I see it like this: I "need" a truck. haha. Thanks for the advice on vitamin D. We'll be stocking up. And in the summer when it is 24 hours of sun I won't be needing the vitamins.

For the summers of endless day, you might want to think about some melatonin ... that is the hormone produced by your body to signal it is time to sleep. Not sure how badly circadian rhythms might change but Hubby said it was a tough adjustment. I know it is slightly different when it stays light till about 10pm where I live!

Safe travels. Time to update the Location.

Drive safe. Remember pools at motels are your friend ... lets the kids burn off energy after being in the car all day!