Wood deliver pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

How much wood is in the pile??

• 2 cords or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
maverick06 said:
Oh, I think it would be quite fair to pick your own piece.

Ed, since you are from Alabama, I will give you all the wood you can carry.... in one arm load. If you are right!

Yes, i am that generous :)
Does that include supper with all the iced sweet tea I can drink??? I mean, after walking that far I'm gonna be thirsty and hungry!!!

Ed

Sweet tea??? I didnt think you let us Yankees have any of that!

Been stacking today, lots left...

maverick06 said:
Sweet tea??? I didnt think you let us Yankees have any of that!

Been stacking today, lots left...

<mumble mumble, mutter, illiterate northinuhs, mutter>...
...go back and read the message again...now did it say anything 'bout you drinking any of that sweet tea???...nooooo...it's for ME!!!!

Anyway, what are you doin'postin' here on hearth???!!!...you're supposed'ta be stacking wood!!! I don't care if it's Friday night, now git ah flashlight and git backta stackin', you said it yourself that there's lots left and we gotta figure out how much wood you got there!!

<mutter, mumble, yanks, mumble, grumble>

I find that what I have in a heap usually doesn't like much in a picture.

This was about 4 cords.

P1170019.jpg

Its tough to get perfect measurements, but as near as I can tell I got 1.76 cords.
That is 88% of what I requested.

Now I am going to order another 2 cords for the winter. I only ordered 2 at a time so I could slowly stack it at my pace. I like this guy, and will call him for the next two cords. What do you think? Should I mention anything?? This is 88% of what I asked for... What do you think? Previous deliveries have been great. The tree work he did was also super cheap.

And yes, those who guessed correctly can try to arrange pickup of their winnings :)

Opinions??

I doubt he internationally shorted you. I don't think I'd say anything.

maverick06 said:
Its tough to get perfect measurements, but as near as I can tell I got 1.76 cords.

Now I am going to order another 2 cords for the winter. I only ordered 2 at a time so I could slowly stack it at my pace. I like this guy, and will call him for the next two cords. What do you think? Should I mention anything?? This is 88% of what I asked for... What do you think? Previous deliveries have been great. The tree work he did was also super cheap.

And yes, those who guessed correctly can try to arrange pickup of their winnings :)

Opinions??
Aw man, I missed it by .04 cord!!!!! DRAT!!!!!! DOUBLE DRAT!!!!!!

I dont think it was intentional... just wanted to get some opinions here. I've been intentionally shorted before... but thats a different story....

maverick06 said:
I dont think it was intentional... just wanted to get some opinions here. I've been intentionally shorted before... but thats a different story....
I would mention it, don't make a big deal over it though. First praise him on the quality of the wood and that the other loads you got were right on, then mention that this load just turned up a little short. Leave it up to him to make good somehow, or not. After all when you pay him you paid 100%, not 88% right? Should work both ways I would think.

88% is pretty close. On 2 cords,it would be very easy to make that mistake when loading.
I sure would not think that was an intentional shortage.

If it were me,and I liked dealing with the guy and his previous deliveries were on the money
and he supplies a great product; I wouldn't say a word. Why make things awkward if it isn't
really necessary? If it happened again though,I would say something about how it happened once
before but didn't say anything and the second time I want it made right.

That's not bad . . . actually a bit more than I thought originally. I don't think I would say anything if the guy is decent and the wood is good. I would chaulk it down to an honest mistake.

mecreature said:
I bet you are close enough to 2 cord that it is a non issue.

And I'm stickin to it.

Ok don't say anything, but next time just pay him 88% and see if he mentions anything. If he does that would be a good time to bring it up. %-P

Carbon_Liberator said:
Ok don't say anything, but next time just pay him 88% and see if he mentions anything. If he does that would be a good time to bring it up. %-P

What if its 110 percent? lol

The way I see it is that if two cords is, say, 100 days of heat, you will be cold for 12. Is that gonna be ok with you?

smokinjay said:
Carbon_Liberator said:

What if its 110 percent? lol

might be 110% next time.

I tend to let things be if it not that big a deal.. Now my wife would call him on it.

maverick06 said:

Opinions??

He probably did not intentionally short you but he still owes you a full two cords. You've done business with him in the past. I'm sure he's an honorable man and will appreciate the chance to make things right for you. You don't have to raise hell with him but he owes it to you and if I were him, I would want a chance to do the right thing. If you shorted payment by 12% do you think he should just quietly take it and not say anything?

firefighterjake said:
That's not bad . . . actually a bit more than I thought originally. I don't think I would say anything if the guy is decent and the wood is good. I would chaulk it down to an honest mistake.

Even honest mistakes need to be rectified.

So when he delivered before did he ever drop more than the ordered amount? Ever say 12% more? If so I say definitely let it slide. Well, unless you'd tracked him down to pay him extra after you stacked it (fat chance!). I'd say you could easily enough get a 10% margin of error in just the way people stack.
This & the whole "seasoned" thing is why firewood is still kind-of a handshake business, and that is why you need to find dealers you trust and keep a relationship with them when you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.