Wood eater. This is ridiculous!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder just how much space he heats with that thing, how much wood he goes through in a year and how long in between reloads. No doubt that had to cost a pretty penny or three.

Backwoods Savage said:
I wonder just how much space he heats with that thing, how much wood he goes through in a year and how long in between reloads. No doubt that had to cost a pretty penny or three.

Hes wearing a tank top how much heat you need! lol

I wondered the same thing Jay. Maybe a big cold front was about to move in.

That's crazy.

Backwoods Savage said:
I wondered the same thing Jay. Maybe a big cold front was about to move in.

lol, If you need that much time to get that thing going winter will be over!

Middle of January and he's got green grass, leaves on the trees, wearing a tank top, and still has the pool open thanks to his outdoor heater.

Forget about the whole 'wood heats you twice' thing.

Hey-look at it this way, at least it wasn't a load of pressure treated telephone poles covered in creosote :lol:

I have to ask the questions, what type of place needs something like that, something that eats a cord at a time.... I guess its feeding a boiler for a massive complex?

that wood doesn't look seasoned.....>?

Occo370 said:
that wood doesn't look seasoned.....>?

This is one of the biggest problems with the OWB. People selling them are quick to point out they can burn green wood in them, and they can, but what a mess that makes! Talks about smoke dragons! And it seems most of the folks that buy into that idea do indeed burn green wood and they do not realize that it takes a lot more wood than it would if you seasoned the stuff first.

I wonder how that got past any local codes? Looked like he was in a nice enough subdivision, and those are usually eaten up with codes.

My brother's wife's uncle has one that is kind of like that. He burns about 100cords a winter through it.

Heats his house, indoor pool, machine shed and milk shed (has a dairy farm)

Maybe a face cord but no way that is a full cord of wood... least not the way I cut and stack my wood!

Status
Not open for further replies.