Wood Pellets in Central Maine?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping that the supply of pellets is not going to be an issue for years to come.
At the very least, we will have 2 ways to heat the house.
Whichever is cheaper is the one we can use.

I am looking forward to that hot air coming out of the stove and not hearing the furnace run!
When I had looked at the Quad's the dealer checked the temp of the air coming out of the stove.
It was up near 150 F. Sounds good to me!

I have a stove full of ash in three days, rather than in two weeks, they put our a lot less heat and burn and start HORRIBLY!! Unfortunately I cannot take these pellets back to the store, so I have been mixing in 25% corn with the pellets to get them to burn even close to okay. So a word of advice from a friend, don't EVER buy Pennington pellets, its not worth it.
==========================================
maria

Maine Drug Treatment

I purchased one bag of Pennington pellets at Homedepot, they look cheap. Lots of powder and they don't smell fresh. I'm guessing these pellets are made with garbage and sawdust.

Hi I just checked pellet prices at Springbrook here in Waterville Maine. They are selling a ton of hardwood pellets for $260.00 a ton thats 50 bags. Making it $5.50 a bag.and $312.00 for soft wood pellets 60 bags. They are having a great deal of free delivery if you buy two or more tons and live I think in 30 mile radius. Would have to recheck the miles but think it was 30...Want to warn anyone if first time going to burn pellets... They kept the room the stove is in liveable and its not a large room but the thermostat was in the room and it didn't kick in in time during that terrible cold week last winter and we lost several of our pipes froze and split. We moved the thermostat to another room this year live and learn. Also there is fine sparks from the outside pipes and the Englender place who makes the stoves said this was normal. Had a neighbour who phoned Fire dept 3 times on us for the sparks. Fire chief checked it out and told the guy to settle down it was standard for that stove. Hate neighbours who can't listen to you...

Ohara's in Rockland Maine 255 Barefoot, 245 Maine something or other.. 50 for local delivery 2+ tons. Sale through November.

Anka

I didn't see any thing on my siding I was worried about that. The sparks can seem bad if any dry leaves or wood any where it is long shot but could ignite .... We didn't use ours all night long unless we were up as scared of leaving it on. So any one with questions about my thoughs on pellet stoves ask away lol

Anyone find Spruce Pointe pellets any where in central Maine, Marden's in Brewer had some last year.

Knights Farm Supply in Augusta. Rolled 4 ton into my garage. Not sure if they will travel that far but give them a call

Status
Not open for further replies.