Wood pellets - new 1 ton hefty cinch sack!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

From >> http://www.mywoodpelletsolution.com/wood-pellet-market/
That is one hefty sack!

delivery1.png

I use those for Fall cleanup filling them with leaves.
Potting soil in bulk to the greenhouse used to come in them
I've seen flour or sugar in them too

I am considering a pellet bin in the basement so I can keep them inside all winter long. I could also leave a ton outside (well covered) near the loading window if the bin is not big enough.

Bill

I frequently haul stuff for a major food company. I've hauled lots of those things around. Flour, corn, rice, etc. They call them "super sacks".

Some trash haulers use them as mini dumpsters too. If you don't need a big roll off dumpster, you can get one of these, fill it up, and they come pick it up.

Last edited:
If from Nowthen you should see a fair amount of them used for corn and soybean seed. I used to make way to many trips to Larson Implement. I think the pellet dealer in Isanti was offering the bags too, but price difference over bags was not worth gearing up for. If had a larger boiler then yes, but not for the 5 or less tons our home uses.

So is he blowing them into a silo or hopper of some sort?

Like was said, they are super-sacks, but I've seen more than a few of those nylon lifting "handles" fail before. I wouldn't be standing where that guy is. I'm not one of these site safety cops, but I sure wouldn't get under that load.

my local agway offers this service,I looked in to it but there is a 2 ton minimum and I can't fit 2 ton in my pellet storage shed,

Status
Not open for further replies.