Wood pile robbed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to agree that taking a life over wood is a bit drastic. That being said, if I ever caught anyone on my property trying to steal anything, I would hurt them. My wife and small children are often home alone. I live off the road surrounded by woods, my house is barley visible in the summer. I worry about somebody coming down to steal something, my wife startles them and things go bad from there. You can't see certain parts of my property from other parts. My wife could be at the swing set with the kids and not even know that somebody is robbing the barn. That is my biggest concern.

elkimmeg said:
Btw I have no police report of validate this story only as told to me by my third Cusians And to be truthfull finding a police report might be impossible this thing was hussed up

I thought you said it was you on the backhoe, oh well .

elkimmeg said:
True story happened quite some time back I in the back yard greasing up my backhoe and In the distance I can hear my dogg barking Normally he does not bark that much but he is protevtive. I hop on the bachhoe and see an old beat up looking pickup truck sitting in my yard I don’t reconise it. It running and a guy sitting in the driver seat with head phones on .Off to the cornor I see someone duck behind the cornor of the house I position my back hoe next to the truck so that the passenger door can’t be open swing the backhoe bucket over the top and right in front of the driver’s door At this time the driver finally figures out something is up but he can’t open the door By now I am menacingly smaking the bucked down beside that door. He rolls uopen the window as shouts something to his friends I not that good at Spanish But I did not need an interpeter to figure it out At this point I have curled the buck under the truck and lifting it off the ground and realeasing it. A little higher each time Might as well give him a ride. I’m sure he soiled his pants. Finally I lift the truck up and go into the house to call the police. I think he was glad to see them. they caught his two buddies running down the street come to find out the police found plenty of evidence in the back of the pk truck tying thes guys into other breakins.

I resisted crushing that truck up which I easilly could have done. I’m not into using deadly force hell I have not hunted in 25 years got rid of more of my guns Wife did not want them around with kids growing up. In a way. I would rather be considered a bit crazy, keeps idiots guessing. I don’t mind if people get the impression of DFWM.

Two different stories one with me on a backhoe and the other one had nothing to do with me
both EH and Malogger knows the Farm and farmer in question just another story about a guy protecting his property two separate stories

I can back up the foxboro story. I know one of the slectmen in the the town. That incident was kept very quite

earthharvester said:
I can back up the foxboro story. I know one of the slectmen in the the town. That incident was kept very quite

Actually I wanted the report for the backhoe story
as I am presenting a report on urban myths and how they
began.

home fire this happened long abo possibly early 80's the backhoe involved is the same one I have posted here splitting wood it is a John Deere 1977 500c.
I don't know if I can validate the story with a police record, but 3 years ago Mo heat and I exchanged some (e-mail) crazy life incident we experienced. I told him this story
he can validate only to the point if it similar or I embelished it this time around

Elk did you know Vi Ingraham from Norfolk?

earthharvester said:
Elk did you know Vi Ingraham from Norfolk?

Yeah I know of them.

I see the ladder stil on the roof at John's house

I remember him and my dad talking about a guyin Wrentham going after a couple of guys with a backhoe a long time ago. It was probably you. And I'm talking about Vi senior not the moron Jr.

You know at the time the rush of the moment took over my thinking I don't know why I did what I did I never factored in that could have had guns
Because there was no break I believe the cops just arested them with the evidence of the stolen goods in the truck. I never filed a report or was required any further actions after the police took the intruders away. The local news was the police apprehended the breakin intruders and that i the evidence tied them into other brewk in in the surounding towns.
If any herro status was needed it goes to my dog who put up enough noise and presented enough resistance that allowed me to do what I did and slowed down tthe possible intruders for a quick hit and run. It all happened in less than 30 minutes then normal life went on

Status
Not open for further replies.