Wood Racks & tool sets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sly22guy

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster,PA
Im currently in search of a nice looking wood rack and tool kit for beside my wood stove. I found some neat ones online that had the center for the splits top for kindling and hangers for tools. but @ $250.00 thats just a little too much.

So what do you have? Made? Pics!!! Please.

Im looking for an idea to steal as i have a nice miller welder sitting in my garage and some scrap metal. :)

Here is what I did with some left over metal from a screenhouse that blew down.

Didn't have to weld....just had to add some brackets and screws. I'm sure you can make something much nicer with a welding background.

Good luck.

Attachments

• woodcart1.jpg
    woodcart1.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 432
I'm sure you can make something much nicer with a welding background.

Good luck.[/quote]

Lol if truth be told im actually a goldsmith. I just like to tinker with the welder :)

I've made a few different pokers with my stick welder. Sheppard's poles work great for making them, just don't let your wife see you stealing them out of the yard. As for the rest of my tools, my shovels are cheap, lightweight, formed sheet metal and they work great. My broom is a 4 inch wide paint brush. I choose function over form because I want my stove tools to work well, not stand in the corner and look pretty.
The majority of my wood for this winter is stacked on racks outside the back door that I made with the welder.

Status
Not open for further replies.