Wood score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BrownT10

Burning Hunk
Jun 1, 2021
Massachusetts
Scored about 2 pickup loads of maple and elm and getting 2 more loads tomorrow from a post on CL. This guy had a few trees taken down and his guy basically cut them up along some of my help. I was doi g him a favor by taking it away! I am glad to mix that along with some black birch I scored earlier this week. I am excited to have these species mixed in to the red oak I predominantly have on my property to burn over the next few years. Anyone else scoring wood?

20211120_142621.jpg 20211120_142618.jpg

Anyone else scoring wood?
A little...
20211109_123901.jpg
5 dump trucks with an average 34" diameter. Oak, locust, ash...all hard stuff.

Nice job on your score. That should get you some quality time with your splitter.

Awesome score for you. I intend to get a little quality time with the splitter today. My 9 yo daughter is a bit help running the handle and my 6 yo daughter and my wife stack. Will at least get this off the ground and split.

The tree guy I and neighbors use asks me if I want the trees he cuts down. He will cut it to size for me.

I will get it with tractor and cart from nextdoor neighbors. He will dump it just off my driveway if on nearby street.

I love a good scrounge. I got about 2-3 truckloads of maple and oak a while ago. The guy giving it to me said he was having a couple more taken down this winter and he'd call me in spring to pick it up.

Awesome! Our company is having many acres cleared for development projects and hope to get a log length load at some point. I have never scrounged until this year, but good fun to hit one!

You people are good scroungers---good for you...It makes a good hard working day...but worth it and helps others as well...clancey