Wood splitter sale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scfa99

Looking to pickup a 20-27 ton log splitter. My buddy and I are going to buy it and split the cost. We are not in a rush, willing to wait a year or 2 to get a good deal. We currently split by hand but would like a splitter to hanlde the large rounds and crotches.

My question is this. Do the big box stores ever put splitters on clearance (end of year) sale? If so when is end of year for a splitter? Also what type of discount do they apply? I know fireplace products they dump at 50% off end of year, but i doubt they do that for splitters.

Lowes has a troybilt with a honda motor but we're not willing to go 1300 bucks, would like to keep the purchase around 800-900.

SCFA said:
Looking to pickup a 20-27 ton log splitter. My buddy and I are going to buy it and split the cost. We are not in a rush, willing to wait a year or 2 to get a good deal. We currently split by hand but would like a splitter to hanlde the large rounds and crotches.

My question is this. Do the big box stores ever put splitters on clearance (end of year) sale? If so when is end of year for a splitter? Also what type of discount do they apply? I know fireplace products they dump at 50% off end of year, but i doubt they do that for splitters.

Lowes has a troybilt with a honda motor but we're not willing to go 1300 bucks, would like to keep the purchase around 800-900.

If you have a Harbor Freight within reach sign up for their email coupons. They send about one a week and once a month it is one worth twenty-percent off of a purchase. Sale price or not. Then when they put the 27 ton on sale for $1099, like it is now, lay a coupon on them and get it for $880. Or get the 24 ton for $700.

I'm with brother bart. Other than that, buy used. sometimes you can get used as low as 400. I paid 660 for a 30 ton with a 30 inch stroke. I'll use it till my back gives out on me then get one that flips up.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.