Wood storage question and super cedar starters comment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BA8w7

Nov 22, 2008
SE PA
Anybody have any ideas and or plans for a wood storage shed? We use our backyard a lot in the summer and would like to build something that will store the wood but not stick out like a sore thumb. I have cut a lot of trees out of the yard and need to store it after it I split it all up, Any ideas are welcome and I have room to build.

How long can I store wood for before it is to dry and not the best to burn? I am figuring I have at least 3 seasons worth of red oak/ash for the fire place and 2 seasons of poplar for the trailer to take camping.

I just ordered a box of Super Cedar Starters and wanted to say thanks for the samples and to tell everyone that they work great, I am still trying to figure out the best way to burn my stove but with the starters at least one part of the equation is solved.

THANKS to everyone on the site for helping out a newbie!

In the perfect picture forum there some pics that'll give ya a few ideas.

As long as wood is dry indefinantly as long as termites don't get to it first. It would be nice to have part of the structure with a south-facing-solar-dryer built into it.

We have enough wood split and stacked for 6-7 years. It is outdoors, covered on the top only. We have no worries about any of that wood going bad. It burns very nicely, thank you. So you should have no worries about your wood going bad, as long as it is covered on the top. Don't worry about the sides being open.

Hi leaf!

As of a few weeks ago, all you would do is go on the website and fill out the free sample request
form. But.....today I checked and they took that page off the website. My guess is, if you gave
them a call, they would send out a few samples.

http://www.supercedar.com/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.