Wood Stove in Sunroom

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The sunroom is fully insulated, and the ceiling is somewhat flush to the other side of the house (kitchen and dining room, as pictured in my diagram a few posts up) The roof is not glass, it's a regular ceiling.

I understand it won't be as great compared to fully insulated drywall/walls. Just wondering how much worse it it will be.

PS: While I have your attention (I'll post a separate thread too thought), I just picked up the stove today, and the blower fan is kinda noisy. I've taken it off and cleaned it out. Just wondering if I can use a grease or wd-40 of some sorts, that's fire safe, on the rode that holds the fans.

Thank you in advance :)

Hmmm, I have an amazing price on a used 2400.

Here is the layout, it's all fairly wide open.

My main concern/question is about the windows, will they really really effect the heat output THAT much?
You dont have any measurements on that diagram ,but it looks like your stove will be in a narrow confined area that will likely over heat without a lot of blowers operating. Also are your windows only on that one end wall where the arrow is pointing or all along that long wall too ??