Wood supply for 2021 - 2022

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Neighbors dont ask anymore, they just know I'm up to something.

I have been told (in good humor) that I am absolutely, positively crazy - when my driveway is half covered with wood and sawdust. "This is how it was done in the middle ages, we've moved on from that". ..

My response is that this is about the best addiction one can have. Then they agree.

Reactions: MissMac
I have been told (in good humor) that I am absolutely, positively crazy - when my driveway is half covered with wood and sawdust. "This is how it was done in the middle ages, we've moved on from that". ..

My response is that this is about the best addiction one can have. Then they agree.

this is going to be my first fall not doing it in the driveway. I did a dedicated area at the back of the property this past spring just for for wood.. Iv worked on a little here and there over the summer and its nice not to have to clean up all the time and track saw dust in the house..

this is going to be my first fall not doing it in the driveway. I did a dedicated area at the back of the property this past spring just for for wood.. Iv worked on a little here and there over the summer and its nice not to have to clean up all the time and track saw dust in the house..

Sounds nice!
My wife wanted it this way - I presume so that she could push me to get it done to get rid of the mess sooner

Ha Ha--that's how wives are...good for you for helping keep out the dirt from being tracked into the house--wives are always right.. lol clancey

• Haha
Reactions: stoveliker
Leave me alone with the wood, or hear me shoveling every inch of snow that falls during a storm every hour on the hour.

Reactions: stoveliker
Has everyone stacked their wood yet? Started stacking yesterday. I’ll post a picture soon. Anyone else? My wood will just about be dry for this coming burning season.
We have 55 face cord stacked and all the wood (plus extra if needed) is covered, September can be a real wet month for us so the stacks get covered during a dry stretch during the summer or before.

Reactions: MissMac
2021-2022 sitting in the shed currently. Middle of September will start the push for 2022-2023 season for us. It’s been a nice dry summer here. Excellent for seasoning firewood but miserable for gardening.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Collecting 23-24 right now. Not working too hard at it in this heat but once it cools down I'll spend more time getting after it.

21-22 and 22-23 are all split and stacked.

At some point storage for 23-24 becomes an
issue but not there yet. :)

Reactions: MEngineer24
I'm working on 22-23 right now. Whatever I get after fall arrives will be for 23-24. But when I talk to real experienced people, old timers and such, a lot of them say that sometimes wood can be too seasoned, that if it dries for years and years you'll actually lose a lot of the heat energy.

I'm working on 22-23 right now. Whatever I get after fall arrives will be for 23-24. But when I talk to real experienced people, old timers and such, a lot of them say that sometimes wood can be too seasoned, that if it dries for years and years you'll actually lose a lot of the heat energy.
the only time wood will lose BTUs is when the wood starts to rot.. The dryer the wood the hotter the fire because it has less water to burn off.. 10 /15% MC is your friend..

Reactions: MEngineer24
Working on filling the wood room today. Still have some large pieces to split but my helper over the rear tire was taking a break.

Later I took a video of her smelling my phone to the point of her whiskers tickled the back of my hand.

64B76542-5A2B-4D60-A909-60104593A7BD.jpeg