Wood Wall Completed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PA Fire Bug

Feeling the Heat
Jan 13, 2010
Blair County, PA
This year I benefited from a surplus of wood. For the first time, I was able to extend my wood wall across the full length of our back yard. There is a section that overlaps with a gap large enough for me to walk through that you can see in the second photo. The wall helps to slow down the winter winds.
20191027_163110.jpg 20191027_163141.jpg

That is awesome!!!

Oh man, that’s good lookin’. How many cords do you think you have there in total?

Awesome work. That is how my woods line looks you can never have to much.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Oh man, that’s good lookin’. How many cords do you think you have there in total?
Yep, looks great, and I like the wind break I idea..I'm sure it helps.
That's gotta be 15-20 cords, doesn't it? _g

Gott im Himmel! I have heard of the Berlin Wall, but your wood wall is even more impressive.
What kind of wood is that?

You couldn't just get some snow fencing!!! Good looking stacks.

Im getting tired just lookin at that pile.a whole lotta work goin on there.

That Steelers panel will make some great kindling.

Reactions: The.Devo
That looks freaking awesome, keep it going til your whole yards surrounded.

I want to start stacking like this on the edge of my property but I’m worried about people stealing off of it. Looks awesome tho nice work!