Woodburning Hall of Shame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy that owns a wrecked Avalanche I looked at, is going to burn waste oil in his. Not sure if is has a separate system to hook up like an oil furnace. But don't sound good to me.
My cousin has one of those green wood eating monsters that he rigged an old furnace pump up to, and he burns waste oil in his.......believe it or not, it actually burns the oil pretty efficiently with very little smoke or smell. The pump only comes on when the furnace calls for heat, so it ain't smoldering all day. I guess if its done correctly, it can work out pretty good.

I never intended this to be a discussion of burning habits or neighborly responsibilities, just a gallery of the worst offenders. It's not a good time of year, but if you see a bad one next season, remember this thread and post a pic!

TE

Reactions: ScotO
I never intended this to be a discussion of burning habits or neighborly responsibilities, just a gallery of the worst offenders. It's not a good time of year, but if you see a bad one next season, remember this thread and post a pic!

TE

One of my neighbors is a bad one - I almost took a pic of the vast quantities of smoke exiting their chimney on a recent 60 degree day. I'll snap it next time....

My cousin has one of those green wood eating monsters that he rigged an old furnace pump up to, and he burns waste oil in his.......believe it or not, it actually burns the oil pretty efficiently with very little smoke or smell. The pump only comes on when the furnace calls for heat, so it ain't smoldering all day. I guess if its done correctly, it can work out pretty good.

Another thought - If Scotty's cousin has a rig that burns up the waste without choking the neighbors, the junk that otherwise might be getting dumped out on the back 40 (or not, guess it depends on the individual) is being put to good use...? Just looking at (for) the bright side...

Salmon?

Smoked Salmon??

Status
Not open for further replies.