Woodpile Is Locked and Loaded

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisN

Feeling the Heat
Nov 19, 2005
Southeastern, Ct
I am getting ready to put the tarp over the top of my pile soon, maybe another week or so to get that last bit of drying. I figure I have between 8 and 10 cords put up. I burned about 6 last year, so this pile should get me through this season pretty comfortably.

Happy Burning, Chris

Attachments

• Sugarloaf Maine Aug 2006 and 2006 woodpile 018.jpg
    Sugarloaf Maine Aug 2006 and 2006 woodpile 018.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,024
Nice looking wood pile chrisN. That will keep you warm for a while.

I thought the post was about guarding your wood and labor investment. Great looking pile
Me 10 gage double barrell Parker plus two large dogs protects my wood piles

The last thing my high-falutin' neighbors will do is steal my wood. they think i'm crazy and keep asking me when I'm going to stop adding to it. and the looks they give me when I'm hanging laundry on our clothes line, makes me feel like I'm in an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies!

chrisN said:
The last thing my high-falutin' neighbors will do is steal my wood. they think i'm crazy and keep asking me when I'm going to stop adding to it. and the looks they give me when I'm hanging laundry on our clothes line, makes me feel like I'm in an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies!

Ask them what they plan to do when the power goes out. Remind them you'll be nice and warm. Next ask them what happens if someone lets a dirty bomb go in one of the big cities in Texas. or trashes the Alaskan pipeline etc... and oil goes to 8 bucks a gallon. You...Nothing... your house is nice a toasty. Them....Uhhhh they move to Florida and find a new career.

Warren said:
chrisN said:

Ask them what they plan to do when the power goes out. Remind them you'll be nice and warm. Next ask them what happens if someone lets a dirty bomb go in one of the big cities in Texas. or trashes the Alaskan pipeline etc... and oil goes to 8 bucks a gallon. You...Nothing... your house is nice a toasty. Them....Uhhhh they move to Florida and find a new career.

And after they move you go over and cut down their trees for the woodpile.

Status
Not open for further replies.