Woodshed for sale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stegman

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2011
Sterling, MA
Saw this on Craigslist and thought I'd share it.

http://worcester.craigslist.org/grq/3510482940.html

It actually doesn't seem like that bad of a deal. He probably only spent 1/3 of that on materials, if that. But for someone who's not handy - and who only burns a cord or so of wood each year - it might be a good buy.

Reactions: albert1029
looks nice, but more than I would want to pay for it...Too Small.

Thats a small but nice looking, well-built shed..... a bit more than I would want to pay for it.

Looks like it'll hold around a cord and some extra, wouldn't be too bad for a casual burner that uses the fireplace occasionally.

That said, it's a nice design......I'd want one to hold at least 10 cord in my situation. I may steal some of the design details!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
It does look like $400 worth of material and well made. Good deal for the right person.

For somebody this should be a good deal.

Reactions: ScotO
Parts & labor,
$400 a Reasonable price to me. Looks good & finished off well.

7.5 ft long x 4 ft wide x 5+ ft tall.

1wodsged.jpg

Reactions: evilgriff and ScotO
The posting has already been deleted, so someone probably thought it was just what they needed.
It is certainly the right size for transporting, should fit right in the back of a full size pickup.

I noticed that a couple days ago, I thought it was a good deal but too small for my needs, I thought he said he'd deliver it for free too. Looks like somebody snapped it up.
Theres a couple guys in my area that build wood sheds, anywhere from a small 1/2 cord size to ones that hold multiple cords, the price is way more than what I would ever pay. If I build a shed it will be on the cheap made with pallets and a metal roof.

Reactions: ScotO
Cute little thing for sure. Looks like something them city people who only come up-country every other weekend (A.K.A. 'Cidoits') to block traffic and burn green wood might like.;)

I could see those selling in a few towns east of here. The towns have many colonial historical houses and they have historical commissions that kind of regulate how things should look for a lack of better terms. It looks clean and has the classic New England "Saltbox" look to it.

Thats a small but nice looking, well-built shed..... a bit more than I would want to pay for it.

Looks like it'll hold around a cord and some extra, wouldn't be too bad for a casual burner that uses the fireplace occasionally.

That said, it's a nice design......I'd want one to hold at least 10 cord in my situation. I may steal some of the design details!

10 cord?...you need a pole barn to cover that stash

10 cord?...you need a pole barn to cover that stash

I bought some seasoned wood off a guy that converted to pellets, he has a shed that held 10 cords and it looked just like the one for sale in this thread only it was more like 4 of them attached and each section was 12 1/2' long so about 50' by 4' x 7', really nice shed thats now empty except for 6 tons of pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.