"Woodstock Burners" What's Your Opinion On The S/S Scoop? "UPDATE"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The warranty for the steel cat from Woodstock is free replacement up to 3 years and pro rated for 2 more after that so I'm not too worried if it dies in the next couple years. I think they need to wrap these things in a better gasket, mine has some small gaps in the corners, the ceramic cats were always nice and tight in the frame.

akennyd said:
Who has the oldest SS Woodstock cat?

I think they have only been out for a year. I told them to stick one in my Keystone when I bought it last March.

I remember at the Open House in 2010 (September) seeing the new SS cat and they said all stoves would have them after their present inventory was depleted. So I'd say late 2010 would be the oldest cat in a Woodstock stove.

prices of precious metals are going to the moon....the only way to keep cost down is to use less..my new ceramic is pretty good,no smoke,can get up past 500..much better than the ss....but its still not as hot as my original cat that came with the fireview..i'm sure the manufacturers are cutting back....it shows...i think they probably have to or they would have to charge 400 for a new combustor...the high prices of these metals will spell doom for us cat stove users....i think woodstock saw the writing on the wall when the developed the progress hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.