Woodstock Fireview stove pipe connection?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Minister of Fire
May 8, 2011
midwest
Hi

Im connecting the single wall to the stove and im using an elbow for the connection. There is alot of slop, probably an 1/8" all the way around it. Should i use a gasket, furnace cement, both?

Thanks

I would choose another method or another brand of elbow. There is no standard for the sizes and taper rates of flue parts. I bet Woodstock could recommend a brand that is known to fit.

I would not goop that undersized elbow up with pooky and hope it works.

I reckon ill give them a call monday. I was just trying to get it done today with what i have on hand. Thanks.

I reckon ill give them a call monday. I was just trying to get it done today with what i have on hand. Thanks.
its better not to rush things and make sure its right.. thing can get really ugly really fast when you have half to 3/4s of a load in there and things start leaking and falling apart on you
you got another 20 days before you start burning.. 40 days before you have regular fires

Maybe even consider a tee instead of a 90. Some stoves require an appliance adapter before the first piece of flue.

Hi

Im connecting the single wall to the stove and im using an elbow for the connection. There is alot of slop, probably an 1/8" all the way around it. Should i use a gasket, furnace cement, both?

Thanks
Are you trying to put a crimped end into the collar?

Are you trying to put a crimped end into the collar?
Yes. Crimped end. I had another 90 and it fit better. I guess the first one was a bit irregular.
I didnt hook it up yet. 7" short on pipe so ill have to make another trip to town tomorrow. Ill look for an appliance adapter. I didnt see any last time i was there. Dont really want to use one as it will change the dimensions and ill have to reposition the stove.

Reactions: Highbeam
Yes. Crimped end. I had another 90 and it fit better. I guess the first one was a bit irregular.
I didnt hook it up yet. 7" short on pipe so ill have to make another trip to town tomorrow. Ill look for an appliance adapter. I didnt see any last time i was there. Dont really want to use one as it will change the dimensions and ill have to reposition the stove.
See how an uncrimped end fits. If that works cut a ring or straight pipe slide it over the crimped end and everything works out