Woodstock fireview vs keystone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Johnclaude

Jul 17, 2018
I'm going to look at two used Woodstock stoves tomorrow. I currently have an old Hearthstone harvest that has seen better day and burns through wood quickly. The fireview is a 205 that appears to be in good shape they are asking $800 for it. The keystone is a 2007 that also appears in good shape and they are asking $450. I prefer the looks of the keystone but am worried that it wont be enough stove. I'm going to be heating from the main level. Heating about 2000 sqft. It will be in the living room that has vaulted 18" ceilings. About 500 sqft are an open loft and bedroom. Which are easy to heat currently. Its kind of hard not to get them too hot. Just needing some advice. Thanks

My sister heats 1800 one story in Maine with a keystone, I tried talking her into an ideal steel thinking the keystone wouldn't be enough but for 2 years now shes loves it.

Well the guy selling the keystone decided not to sell it so I got this nice fireview. I was able to talk the seller down to $500. I feel like that was an amazing deal. I’ve got mantel work to do but have plenty of time before burning season.

B693EE6B-32F7-44BB-86F2-4B3CE85CF273.jpeg

That made your decision easy. Looks good