woodstock progress hybrid epa numbers/clearances

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rdust said:
fire_man said:
My biggest nightmare is some big stove company buys them out, shuts down the 1-800 #, a $40 cumbustor scoop suddenly jumps to $150, parts go obsolete after 3 years, well you get the picture.

And you could get hit by a bus tomorrow! Some things we can control, some we can't, WS has proven to be a great company, I think you're in good hands.

Sounds like a VC customer.

Highbeam said:
rdust said:
fire_man said:
My biggest nightmare is some big stove company buys them out, shuts down the 1-800 #, a $40 cumbustor scoop suddenly jumps to $150, parts go obsolete after 3 years, well you get the picture.

And you could get hit by a bus tomorrow! Some things we can control, some we can't, WS has proven to be a great company, I think you're in good hands.

I wasn't gonna get specific, but you are quite correct.

fire_man said:
Highbeam said:
rdust said:
fire_man said:

I wasn't gonna get specific, but you are quite correct.

Yeah, I'd sooner remove my finger nails with pliers than deal with VC customer service.

Slow1 said:
Den said:
Waulie said:
. . .The email actually states "7 inches to the rear heat shield". This is completely meaningless, as is all the other information that has been given in the last couple months. I couldn't even tell you how deep the stove is based on the website and my conversations with them. Who knows how far the heat shield protrudes from the back of the stove?
I thought the depth was 25". . .Dunno if this is of any help, but the heat shield on the Fireview sits 2-3" off of the back of the stove. I would imagine that they would do it in a similar manner on the Progress.

I'm sure that a phone call to WS will get you a clear answer on this point. For things like this there do seem to be clear answers. I was able to get the external dimensions of the shipping crate for example... details that are known they can give.

I would appreciate it if you shared those dimensions. Will save me a call.

I have a wide front door so I wasn't going to worry about it. But since you brought it up, better to be safe than sorry.

dpgoalie said:
Slow1 said:
Den said:
Waulie said:
. . .The email actually states "7 inches to the rear heat shield". This is completely meaningless, as is all the other information that has been given in the last couple months. I couldn't even tell you how deep the stove is based on the website and my conversations with them. Who knows how far the heat shield protrudes from the back of the stove?
I thought the depth was 25". . .Dunno if this is of any help, but the heat shield on the Fireview sits 2-3" off of the back of the stove. I would imagine that they would do it in a similar manner on the Progress.

I'm sure that a phone call to WS will get you a clear answer on this point. For things like this there do seem to be clear answers. I was able to get the external dimensions of the shipping crate for example... details that are known they can give.

I would appreciate it if you shared those dimensions. Will save me a call.

I have a wide front door so I wasn't going to worry about it. But since you brought it up, better to be safe than sorry.

Here is what I was told:

Crate outside dimensions for the PH.

28" f/b 33" l/r 46" H

Status
Not open for further replies.