Woodstock Steel Hybrid

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DougA

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2012
S. ON
I searched and could not find anyone who had posted this info since I have been watching the threads on Progress Hybrid. I'm not sure that I can afford the PH, so I decided to phone and ask about the Steel Hybrid.
Please note that I asked for 'guesstimates' not facts, so do not re-quote this as fact.

I was told that the first Steel Hybrids would be available for sale mid-summer 2014 and the price would be in the $2K range. Once again, this is only a guesstimate.

That is indeed great news for those who might be interested. Still no specs but it is worth waiting to see.

Doug, there are perhaps a dozen or more threads here about the same thing...and saying the same thing...and also detailing out more info as well as guesses.

Search for Ideal stove, steel stove or gearhead to find them if you want to do some heavy reading. Old speculation was for a price of $1500, but that seemed crazy (low) to me, and I suspect it was. 2K is a relative bargain in terms of the size and capabilities.

When I hear $1500 for this stove, I'm in. When I hear $2k for this stove I think....no thanks.

For sure the price has not been set. The goal I believe was to be within the $1500-$2000 range. Part of the cost will no doubt be what you choose over and above the base model. In addition, part of the cost will depend upon how the price of steel goes between now and then. As for when it will hit the market, I think mid-summer might be a hoped for time frame but would expect late summer or early fall to be more realistic. But then, I've been proven wrong before.... All I know for sure now is that my wife really likes this stove. I do too but still love our Fireview.

Part of the cost will no doubt be what you choose over and above the base model..

That's my main concern; $1500 for the plain Jane base seems like a good starting point, $2k as a starting point seems off base. I might pay $2k decked out the way I want it...might.

Status
Not open for further replies.