Woodstocks 3rd Hybrid soon ready for beta testing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other information about this stove product line? At 2.5 cu ft it holds some promise but is not challenging the BK at 4 cu ft..

I'm a little surprised they are not creating a new stove with a major difference in size from their existing products. From the many posts we are seeing here there is a strong demand for an efficient hybrid in the 1.5 cu ft market to serve smaller homes and cabins.

I need to volunteer/plead/beg to be a beta tester. Heard they offer significant discounts to the testers.

I need to volunteer/plead/beg to be a beta tester. Heard they offer significant discounts to the testers.

How does one get on that list?

They are not slipping much information about it, but did you see what they said. "Calibrate bimettalic controls ".

So this must be "the next Gearhead Hybrid Stove" they referred to in a blog nearly a year ago. I though that was going to be in beta-tesing phase THIS winter, and available to purchase in the coming summer. Guess it got delayed a year with all the Ideal Steel orders?

I'm a little surprised they are not creating a new stove with a major difference in size from their existing products. From the many posts we are seeing here there is a strong demand for an efficient hybrid in the 1.5 cu ft market to serve smaller homes and cabins.

That seems to be a much smaller market, unless I am missing the posts you are referring to. Seem to be a lot more posts to the effect of "go bigger than 2 cu ft" to get longer burns and more output in cold snaps.

One of the appeals to me of a cat (or hybrid) is that I could dial down a larger firebox to get a clean burn with less heat output in my smaller house... pretty much the opposite of my current downdraft stove.

Reactions: Tenn Dave
Not everyone is heating large spaces. We've had an unprecedented number or requests for heating suggestions for 1000 sq ft or under this year.

Could be an interesting stove if they apply some of the thermostatic tech like Hwam has on their stoves. Hopefully this one will leave off the steampunk bling.

So this must be "the next Gearhead Hybrid Stove" they referred to in a blog nearly a year ago. I though that was going to be in beta-tesing phase THIS winter, and available to purchase in the coming summer. Guess it got delayed a year with all the Ideal Steel orders?

So this new stove is the next generation to the next generation IS? Jeez, stove generations go by quick. Kind wish they made a next generation stove for shoulder season type climates.

Kind wish they made a next generation stove for shoulder season type climates.

Why wouldn't this qualify? I generally think of cats/hybrids as good shoulder season stoves.

Why wouldn't this qualify? I generally think of cats/hybrids as good shoulder season stoves.

Well I meant a bigger firebox and the ability to achieve a really long burn time like the BKs. This stove seems real close in size to the IS.

BTW, I have a Makita 6421 too. Love that saw!

I think the main reason why they are creating a version three hybrid is to be ahead of the game for any new regulations. Already having a stove in the works that either meets or exceeds any new standard would put them in a very good position. Especially if the companies are sitting on the sidelines waiting to see what happens. Though I would like them to develop a > 3 cuft stove that runs on a 6" pipe and get unbelievable burn times, output with ultra low emmissions.

I think the main reason why they are creating a version three hybrid is to be ahead of the game for any new regulations. Already having a stove in the works that either meets or exceeds any new standard would put them in a very good position. Especially if the companies are sitting on the sidelines waiting to see what happens. Though I would like them to develop a > 3 cuft stove that runs on a 6" pipe and get unbelievable burn times, output with ultra low emmissions.

Isn't that exactly what they built with the IS?

How did you get on the first list to be a beta tester?

I'm not a beta tester. I don't plan on ever moving that Ideal Steel again unless I have to.

Not everyone is heating large spaces. We've had an unprecedented number or requests for heating suggestions for 1000 sq ft or under this year.

Could be an interesting stove if they apply some of the thermostatic tech like Hwam has on their stoves. Hopefully this one will leave off the steampunk bling.
One man's 'steampunk bling' is another man's treasure. And that's what makes the world go around. :)

I'm not a beta tester. I don't plan on ever moving that Ideal Steel again unless I have to.

Oh, some reason I thought you were. There's another guy from PA that was a beta tester. He has a great review on arborist site.

I live in a shoulder season climate and my PH works great. When it gets to warm outside, I switch to the high efficiency heat pump and the livin' is easy..

Status
Not open for further replies.