Woodstove Chair

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearth Supporter
Jun 24, 2008
Sothern Maine
I want to buy a chair for my girlfriend to use to enjoy the Oslo. This chair needs to be comfortable and mobile so that it can be moved to the optimal temperature and/or viewing area, also for stove loading and cleaning . I'm thinking a nice computer chair would be the way to go due to having wheels. Anybody have any suggestions on this issue?

For some reason, I keep thinking a ceiling swing might be a neat idea!

I find myself doing a lot of kneeling, when loading and watching the stove. I don't sit back in a chair til I'm satisfied that things are burning well.

-Soupy1957

I have a small computer chair in the basement that I use sometimes when I'm working with the stove down there. The wheels do come in handy for rolling from one thing to another like from kindling to lighter to stove. I can load the stove from the chair but it doesn't go down far enough to let you see inside the firebox really well. Of course it's nice to sit and watch the fire too.

My favorite chair is the one closest to the woodstove . . . I cannot tell you how often I find myself turning off the TV, sitting back and just watching the fire and enjoying the heat from that chair.

Nothing beats a big, overstuffed recliner IMHO. Though not as mobile as a desk chair, I can't imagine the hours I've napped away in the dead of winter dreaming the stove was actually the warm summer sun shining on my face and the blower air was a warm tropical breeze wafting across the ocean waves and island sand. :)

We have a "love sack" bean bag style chair. Was a gift from my folks and we all love it. It sits low and I have fallen asleep on it many times watching the stove burn in the evening. Down side is that the cover tends to collect dust and debris so I have to vacuum it every once in a while. Anyway, we've really enjoyed it... much like an overstuffed recliner but lower and a bit softer from all angles.

cozy heat said:
Nothing beats a big, overstuffed recliner IMHO. Though not as mobile as a desk chair, I can't imagine the hours I've napped away in the dead of winter dreaming the stove was actually the warm summer sun shining on my face and the blower air was a warm tropical breeze wafting across the ocean waves and island sand. :)

Now STOP that - your making me tired.

Jags said:
cozy heat said:

I smell rum and coconut. Think I'll put a little umbrella in my beer bottle. :coolsmile: Rick

fossil said:
Jags said:
cozy heat said:

I smell rum and coconut. Think I'll put a little umbrella in my beer bottle. :coolsmile: Rick

:shut: Oh GREAT - now I have Rick pictured in my head wearing a coconut bra and a silly straw hat.

Excuse me for a moment while I reboot my brain.

Jags said:
... :shut: Oh GREAT - now I have Rick pictured in my head wearing a coconut bra and a silly straw hat.

Oh jeez...did I leave my webcam on again? Sorry. :red:

BC-HO800-L.jpg

Jags said:
fossil said:
Jags said:
cozy heat said:

:shut: Oh GREAT - now I have Rick pictured in my head wearing a coconut bra and a silly straw hat.

Ug...I think I want a shower now....and I may never lay in that chair again. :)

Laughing... there are 3 sheep (well 4) out at the museum I do tours for part time on the weekends.

Aruba, Jamaica, and Bermuda ... the other one is "Herb" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.