Woody's pellets, product of Canada, at Wal-Mart

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I have burned 3 bags and have not had any issues. We are having a cold snap here, -14 Celsius, -20 with the wind chill and I am getting the same heat with these pellets as with any other pellets I have used. There is a bit more ash in the burnpot but I just scrape it out a couple of times a day. I will definitely buy more on Tuesday if Walmart has any left as you cannot beat the price here. HD and the other stores are still selling pellets at $5.99 a bag.

Reactions: boomhour
Well I took the plunge and went to Walmart and bought a ton of Woody's pellets for $113 taxes in. They are sitting in the back of my truck as we speak. These can be returned if I decide not to keep them.

Now the dilemma. I walked into Home Depot, showed them my bill and asked them if they would price match. So after a lot of whispering behind closed doors...they said they would price match at $2 a bag.

Should I return them and go for the LaCrete at HD? Returning to corporate Walmart does not bother me as they created this mess of buying sub-standard pellets and charging premium prices.

Should I stay or should I go? Your thoughts please.

Well I took the plunge and went to Walmart and bought a ton of Woody's pellets for $113 taxes in. They are sitting in the back of my truck as we speak. These can be returned if I decide not to keep them.

Now the dilemma. I walked into Home Depot, showed them my bill and asked them if they would price match. So after a lot of whispering behind closed doors...they said they would price match at $2 a bag.

Should I return them and go for the LaCrete at HD? Returning to corporate Walmart does not bother me as they created this mess of buying sub-standard pellets and charging premium prices.

Should I stay or should I go? Your thoughts please.
Lacretes at 2.00 bag is a STEAL!!!!!!!1Plus 10x better pellets... GO 4 IT...

Status
Not open for further replies.